Thursday, October 1, 2015

What is this about?


  1. What is your topic?
        For my blog I would like to write it on teen high school DIY’s. DIY stands for do it yourself. It is a method of building, modifying, or repairing something without the help of any experts or in a very inexpensive way. It is a way of showing motivation towards something that has a lack of availability or quality and in need of customization.
2. Why are you interested in it?  In other words, are you interested enough to spend three months reading/learning/thinking about it?
        Well for one I am a teenager and these things do seem appealing to me. By reading and learning more about how I can create things that can show my own personal style in a better way. Most of my free time whether I like it or not is spent on my computer watching these kind of tutorial videos on youtube. Making personalized notebooks to getting ready for high school in less than 10 minutes and still accomplish to look semi decent.
3. Why it merits a semester’s worth of attention?  In other words, is this really enough of a topic that you can spend three plus months learning new things about and thinking about it?
        I believe it is a topic worth investing my time in. Its cheap and perfect for everyone. Not only will I learn from it but maybe other people will gain some knowledge as well. Including you Dr. Smith. You can always start with the back to school DIY’s then over to the fall, Halloween, Winter, and even Christmas. There is so many things that can be worked on to be made more unique and creative. This topic isn't just for girls! Boys can have some fun with it too! How about how to make a skateboard sling or their own bow tie for a fun dance coming up. There are so many never ending ideas to write/ learn and teach about.
4 How familiar are you with the topic already?  This is not an invitation for you to simply spew out every small detail you know about the topic, but explain to me the nature of your knowledge about this—do you follow it in the news?  Do you participate in online discussion groups about it?  Have you read a book about it?  Several books?  Etc
I am semi decent familiar to this topic. It is not something I do myself everyday but I do watch videos online such as pintrest and youtube.
5. Where can/will you find more information?  This will require some specifics.  Give me some specific websites/journals/magazines/books/etc.that will be reliable and helpful as you learn more.
        Since DIY’s are very popular, they are everywhere. On many websites like youtube and even the Huffington post. There are also very many blogs and youtubers out there like Bethany Mota and Niki and Gabi. Most teen magazines like Teen Vogue or Seventeen  also have a special section for ideas to create yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment